HVAC Installation Technician I
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is currently accepting job applications for HVAC Installation Technician I. Our company is based in McAlester, OK and we service clients throughout Southeast Oklahoma. We are also accepting applications for HVAC Service Technician I (click here) and HVAC Apprentice (click here).
- Work Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm, with one-half (1/2) hour lunch; some overtime may be required
- Job Description: HVAC Installation Technician I utilizes mechanical prints and manufacturer installation manuals to provide installation services to clients in a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in residential and commercial applications. HVAC Installation Technician I focuses on improving their industry knowledge to promote to HVAC Installation Technician II.
- Reports to: Construction Manager/Managing Member
- Supervises: Assigned Helper/Apprentice
Primary Job Functions
- Able to effectively communicate politely to co-workers, clients, and guests. Punctual and able to follow directions with a positive attitude. Able to utilize mobile device, iPad, or laptop to utilize a client relationship management system (CRM). Follow schedules, complete job checklists, and complete installation job orders, take payment, and manage time efficiently with the CRM system.
- Understands mechanical applications and installation practices. Is adequately familiar with various applications including but not limited to split air conditioning systems, gas furnaces, heat pumps, evaporator coils, package systems, metering devices, ductwork/sealing, low voltage wiring, basic controls, refrigerant piping, and gas piping.
- Review installation manuals and incorporate manufacturer’s installation requirements on all projects. Follow all federal, tribal, state, and local codes and regulations. Be intimately familiar with the current International Mechanical Code (IMC) and International Fuel Gas Code.
- Identify and speak up about potential safety hazards and communicate more efficient solutions to all problems or challenges that arise.
- Inspect ladders, extension cords, power tools and hand tools to ensure proper operation and work in a safe manner. Report problems with company tools, ladders, extension cords, power tools, hand tools or vehicle promptly.
- Perform site evaluations and walk-throughs on new installations with management, homeowner, or business owner. Generate and follow punch-lists to address any concerns on projects.
- Handle refrigerant safely and understand basic model number nomenclature. Operate trucks, tools and equipment safely including brazing.
- Oversee the activities of a helper or apprentice. Share knowledge and train the helpers and apprentices. Willing to learn more industry knowledge from co-workers and scheduled technical training classes.
- Able to solve problems and think ahead to ensure all required materials required for projects are loaded into the company vehicle each morning. Keep company vehicles organized. Order and coordinate the pickup of materials for projects.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Oklahoma Mechanical Journeyman License. AC, REF, NGP, HE, SM
- EPA Universal Certification
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be drug-free and able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings
- Demonstrate willingness to invest in hand tools used in the installation of HVAC equipment
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time training to advance position
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skill
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines
- Maintain a professional appearance while representing the company
- Extended periods of time working with heights from roofs, extension, step ladders and scaffolds
- Extended periods of time working in tight conditions such as attic and below structure crawl spaces
- Manual dexterity required to operate a range of power and hand tools for extended periods
- Regularly solo lift 50lb equipment, tools, or materials. Use of mechanical devices to move equipment or parts
- Full range of body motion: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, bending, and twisting for 8 plus hours per day
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in one of three ways…
- Visit our company office in person
- Mail your resume to our company office
- Attach your resume in an e-mail
Visit our Contact Page for our street address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.
- Our company supports workplace diversity and our hiring decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and business needs.
- We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package to every employee as well as opportunity for promotion, bonuses, and increased hours.
- Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for disabled veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. However, because the nature of our business demands physical labor, crawling, climbing, use of power tools, heavy lifting, and working in extreme weather conditions, the extent of one’s disabilities may factor into our hiring decisions.
- Our company reserves the right to use electronic employment verification services to determine federal and state work eligibility requirements.
For more information about our salary, benefits, and hiring policies, please contact us directly.