HVAC/R Journeyman I
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is currently accepting job applications for HVAC/R Journeyman I. Our company is based in McAlester, OK and we service clients throughout Southeast Oklahoma. We are also accepting applications for HVAC/R Service Technician I (click here) and HVAC Apprentice (click here).
- Job Title: HVAC/R Journeyman I Work Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm, with one-half (1/2) hour lunch; some overtime may be required.
- Job Description: The HVAC/R Journeyman I diagnose, repairs, maintains, and installs a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in residential and commercial applications. The HVAC/R Journeyman I, focuses on improving their industry knowledge to promote to HVAC/R Journeyman II.
- Reports to: Managing Member
- Supervises: Assigned Helper/Apprentice
Primary Job Functions
- Maintain a professional appearance. Able to effectively communicate politely to co-workers, clients, and guests. Able to follow directions with a positive attitude. Able to utilize mobile device, iPad, or laptop to utilize a client relationship management system (CRM). Follow schedules and complete job checklists, service repair orders, installation job orders, take payment and manage time efficiently with the CRM system.
- Understands the refrigeration cycle and can effectively measure super-heat and subcooling to diagnose systems. Able to utilize an electronic psychometer to measure system refrigerant charge on fixed orifice metering devices. Is familiar with thermostatic expansion valves and electronic expansion valves.
- Able to safely test low voltage and high voltage circuits to troubleshoot electrical components and circuits.
- Properly diagnose residential/commercial heating and cooling equipment and perform an assessment of the entire system(s). Provide clients repair options and recommendations based on overall system conditions.
- Follow all federal, tribal, state, and local codes and regulations. Be intimately familiar with the current International Mechanical Code (IMC) and International Fuel Gas Code.
- Handle refrigerant safely and understand basic model number nomenclature. Operate trucks, tools and equipment safely including brazing.
- Assist in the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in residential homes, commercial buildings, multi, single-family and commercial new construction.
- Oversee the activities of a helper or apprentice. Share knowledge and train the helpers and apprentices. Willing to learn more industry knowledge from co-workers and scheduled technical training classes.
- Punctual and able to solve problems by thinking ahead to ensure all required parts and materials required for projects are loaded into the company vehicle each morning. Keep company vehicles organized. Order and coordinate the pickup of parts and materials for projects.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Oklahoma Mechanical Journeyman License. AC, REF, NGP, HE, SM
- EPA Universal Certification.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be drug-free and able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time training to advance position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skill.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given.
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a professional appearance while representing the company.
- Extended periods of time working with heights from roofs, extension, step ladders and scaffolds.
- Extended periods of time working in tight conditions such as attic and below structure crawl spaces.
- Manual dexterity required to operate a range of power and hand tools for extended periods.
- Regularly solo lift 50lb equipment, tools, or materials. Use of mechanical devices to move equipment
- Full range of body motion: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, bending, and twisting for 8
plus hours per day
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in one of three ways…
- Visit our company office in person
- Mail your resume to our company office
- Attach your resume in an e-mail
Visit our Contact Page for our street address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.
- Our company supports workplace diversity and our hiring decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and business needs.
- We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package to every employee as well as opportunity for promotion, bonuses, and increased hours.
- Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for disabled veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. However, because the nature of our business demands physical labor, crawling, climbing, use of power tools, heavy lifting, and working in extreme weather conditions, the extent of one’s disabilities may factor into our hiring decisions.
- Our company reserves the right to use electronic employment verification services to determine federal and state work eligibility requirements.
For more information about our salary, benefits, and hiring policies, please contact us directly.