HVAC/R Journeyman II
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is currently accepting job applications for HVAC/R Journeyman II. Our company is based in McAlester, OK and we service clients throughout Southeast Oklahoma. We are also accepting applications for HVAC/R Journeyman I (click here) and HVAC Apprentice (click here).
- Work Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm, with one-half (1/2) hour lunch; some overtime may be required.
- Job Description: The HVAC/R Journeyman II has expert knowledge in the industry to diagnose, repair, maintain, and install a wide variety of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in residential and commercial applications. The HVAC/R Journeyman II has a minimum of 10 years’ experience and can act as a lead on any project or repair service.
- Reports to: Managing Member
- Supervises: Assigned Helper/Apprentice
Primary Job Functions
- Maintain a professional appearance. Able to effectively communicate politely to co-workers, clients, and guests. Able to follow directions with a positive attitude. Able to utilize mobile device, iPad, or laptop to utilize a client relationship management system (CRM). Follow schedules and complete job checklists, service repair orders, installation job orders, take payment and manage time efficiently with the CRM system.
- Expert knowledge in the refrigeration cycle and can effectively measure super-heat and subcooling to diagnose systems. Has expert knowledge in all refrigeration components. Has expert knowledge utilizing an electronic psychometer to measure system refrigerant charge on fixed orifice metering devices. Has expert knowledge of thermostatic expansion valves and electronic expansion valves. Can test low voltage and high voltage circuits to troubleshoot electrical components and circuits safely with expert precision.
- Efficiently diagnose residential/commercial heating and cooling equipment and perform regular assessments on mechanical system(s). Provide client’s expert level repair options and recommendations based on overall system conditions. Can quickly identify actual and potential problems with mechanical equipment to avoid mechanical failure.
- Has expert knowledge on all federal, tribal, state, and local codes and regulations. Understands and has expert knowledge of the current International Mechanical Code (IMC) and International Fuel Gas Code.
- Handle refrigerant safely and has extensive knowledge on model number nomenclature, equipment parts, and OEM equipment literature. Operate trucks, tools, and equipment safely. Has expert level experience brazing.
- Can lead and perform the installation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in residential homes, commercial buildings, multi, single-family and commercial new construction.
- Oversee the activities of a helper or apprentice. Share knowledge and train the helpers and apprentices. Continuously seeks knowledge from technical literature, co-workers and scheduled technical training classes.
- Punctual and able to solve problems by thinking ahead to ensure all required parts and materials required for projects are loaded into the company vehicle each morning. Keep company vehicles organized. Order and coordinate the pickup of parts and materials for projects.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Oklahoma Mechanical Journeyman License. AC, REF, NGP, HE, SM
- EPA Universal Certification.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and clean MVR.
- 10 years’ experience in residential / commercial service and installations.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be drug-free and able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Demonstrate willingness to invest in hand tools used in the installation and service of HVAC
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time training to advance position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skill.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given.
- Ability to follow Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a professional appearance while representing the company.
- Extended periods of time working with heights from roofs, extension, step ladders and scaffolds.
- Extended periods of time working in tight conditions such as attic and below structure crawl
- Manual dexterity required to operate a range of power and hand tools for extended periods.
- Regularly solo lift 50lb equipment, tools, or materials. Use of mechanical devices to move
equipment or parts.
- Full range of body motion: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, bending, and twisting for 8
- plus hours per day
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in one of three ways…
- Visit our company office in person
- Mail your resume to our company office
- Attach your resume in an e-mail
Visit our Contact Page for our street address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.
- Our company supports workplace diversity and our hiring decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and business needs.
- We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package to every employee as well as opportunity for promotion, bonuses, and increased hours.
- Freeze & Flare Heat & Air, LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for disabled veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. However, because the nature of our business demands physical labor, crawling, climbing, use of power tools, heavy lifting, and working in extreme weather conditions, the extent of one’s disabilities may factor into our hiring decisions.
- Our company reserves the right to use electronic employment verification services to determine federal and state work eligibility requirements.
For more information about our salary, benefits, and hiring policies, please contact us directly.